Winkler Co-op is a locally owned cooperative delivering on the promise of friendly, honest and knowledgeable service. Serving the communities of Winkler, Morden, Lowe Farm, Plum Coulee and area, Co-op strives to achieve retail excellence, to be an employer of choice and to make a positive impact in our communities. Meaningful careers take root at Co-op!
The Position Overview: Reporting to the Co-op@Home Manager, the Salesperson is responsible to provide service excellence by responding to customer product needs, providing knowledgeable sales advice and exemplifying and promoting the Co-op brand.
Status: Full-Time, Permanent.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with customers, living the Co-op Brand in all circumstances.
- Assess customer needs and interests and determine how products and services can best meet their needs.
- Achieve sales targets and goals, as established by the Manager.
- Ensure completion of paperwork, delivery schedules and claims in a timely fashion, according to department procedures.
- Be highly knowledgeable on all department product offerings; participate in ongoing professional development; product knowledge; participate in workshops, training opportunities; be current on all product literature.
- Perform housekeeping duties.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills required, including intermediate Word and Excel level competency.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships.
- Must be a self-starter and able to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- One-year sales experience required.
Winkler Co-op offers a competitive salary, employer matched pension plan, health benefits, on-going professional development, work-life balance and excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org specify ‘Co-op@Home Salesperson’ in the subject line.
Deadline to apply: October 16, 2020
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.